Caen la Mer, in the heart of Normandy, is a promising destination with a lot to offer:
- Remarkable ancient monuments: two abbeys, a castle, grand townhouses, and numerous churches.
- A thriving, creative city where you can amble around soaking up the atmosphere, hit the shops, or experience the buzz from the many cultural events taking place all year round.
- A coastline home to the town of Ouistreham Riva-Bella and seaside resorts boasting 10 km of fine, sandy beaches, where you can enjoy water sports or simply being by the sea.
-Forever shaped by the Normandy Landings, as commemorated by the Mémorial de Caen and Sword Beach, one of the five legendary beaches where Allied troops launched their assault at dawn on June 6th, 1944.
- Nature in all its forms, from the many parks and gardens in the centre, to a canal that links the city to the sea, and the River Orne, which you can cruise down by pedalo, kayak or electric boat.
- Numerous culinary specialities: Coquilles Saint-Jacques, local Madeleine cakes, chocolates, ciders, and more!
Come and discover this stunning destination in the heart of the world-renowned Normandy region.