Passenger traveling to Greece from foreign countries will be required to have a negative molecular test result (PCR) for COVID-19, performed up to 72 hours before their entry to Greece or an antigen (rapid) test result taken up to 48 hours before entry. The certificates should be written in English and bear the name and passport/national ID number of the traveler. Children under 12 years old are not subject to the obligation to a PCR test.
This does not apply to the following passengers:
- Passengers who have completed full vaccination (depending on the doses required) at least 14 days before their travel, provided holding a vaccination certificate. The Vaccinates not approved by European Medicines Agency (EMA) will also be accepted. The accepted vaccines are Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna, Astra Zeneca/Oxford, Novavax, Johnson + Johnson/Janssen, Sinovac Biotech, Gamaleya (Sputnik), Cansino Biologics, and Sinopharm;
- Passengers holding a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 that is issued at least 30 days after their first positive Covid-19 test result, and within 2-9 months before travel;
- Crew members;
- Passengers in transit through Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH); or
- Passengers holding an EU Digital Covid Certificate, either in digital or paper form. This should include information regarding vaccination, or the last result of Covid test or proof of recovery from Covid within the accepted time frame.
- All certificates must include the critical information (i.e. number of doses, type of vaccine received and their respective dates) in English, German, Greek, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and the passengers' full name must match the name on the passport or any other recognized travel document.
Passengers travelling on domestic flights from mainland Greece to Greek islands must hold one of the following:
- a vaccination certificate proving that they have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to departure. The vaccination certificate must be in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian or Russian, must be issued by public authorities, and should include the name of the passenger, the type of vaccine given, the number of doses and inoculation dates. Nationals of Greece can also obtain the vaccination certificate online here;
- a negative test certificate of a RT-PCR test tested within 72 hours before departing for the Greek islands, or a Rapid Antigen test tested within 24 hours before departing to Greek islands. The test certificate must be in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian or Russian;
- a printed test certificate of a negative self-testing result tested within 24 hours before departure. The form for the self-testing certificate can be obtained online here; or
- proof of recovery from Covid-19 in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian or Russian that is issued at least 30 days after their first positive Covid-19 test result, and within 2-9 months before travel.
DOWNLOAD OUR SAFE AND CLEAN GUIDE TO FLY HEATHY.
Together we can ensure a healthy experience on the ground and in the air.
Need any help? let’s talk!
Use our live messenger to start a conversation with one of our agents.Ask through messenger