1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of text that a website you visit sends to your browser. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, such as your preferred language and other types of settings. This will facilitate your next visit and make the site more useful to you. Without cookies, using the Internet would be a much more frustrating experience.
Generally speaking, cookies allow a website to personalize a visit, for example by:
- Show relevant navigation settings.
- Remember visitor preferences.
- Improve the overall user experience.
- Perform statistics on the use of the website by users (pages visited, contents consulted, products searched ...)
- Manage, personalize and mimic the number of ads displayed.
What are Pixel Tags ?
Volotea and its third party service providers use pixel tags (also known as " clear gifs ", " beacon gifs ", etc.). Pixel tags are not visible to the user of the website and consist of a few lines of computer coding that are transmitted with the website. Pixel tags are not used to collect personal information about you, other than what you voluntarily provide to us during your transactions with Volotea.
Volotea and our email service provider use pixel tags to:
- Track customer response to advertisements and content on the Volotea website.
- Determine your ability to receive HTML-based emails. Our email service provider includes a pixel tag, which it calls an "encoded sensor", in all HTML-based messages it sends on our behalf. The sensor is activated when the email is opened and signals the user's email address as capable of receiving HTML-based email messages. This feature enables our service provider to send the email in a format that you can read. The sensor does not collect or use any other information. If you cannot receive HTML messages, you will not receive a working sensor.
- Know how many users open an email and allow our service provider to collect global statistics about an email campaign for us
- Allow us to improve the objective of interactive advertising, increase customer support and site functionality, and provide offers and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you.
Since the operation and purpose of the Pixel Tags are similar to C Ookies, hereinafter we shall refer to all technologies together, as Cookies.
More information about cookies
You can obtain more information about cookies on the following websites:Back
2. What types of cookies are there?
The Cookies can be categorized by different criteria:
- According to its duration :
- Session cookies : these are temporary cookies that remain in the browser's cookie file until you leave the web and are not recorded on the hard drive of your device. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the web. In the long run they allow to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- Permanent cookies : They are stored on the hard drive and the web reads them every time you visit the page again. A cookie of this type has a specific expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date.
- According to who installs or manages it :
L cookies as they can be "own" or "third parties". The former are those that are sent to the user's computer from a computer or domain managed by us, while "third-party" cookies are those that are sent to the user's computer from a computer or domain managed by the contracted service providers ( for example, the web analytics service).
At Volotea we use both our own and third-party cookies, which are our service providers or business partners, and about which you can obtain more information in the same cookie configuration tool.
- According to its purpose :
Cookies can be used for different purposes, either for the operation of the page, obtain statistics on the use of the website, or to manage advertising content. In the next section we explain in more detail how these categories work and how we use them at Volotea.Back
When you visit Volotea.com, you agree by default for Volotea to store cookies on your device.
Volotea.com combines information collected from cookies with other information you provide about yourself, or other data we have collected to order alities established in the Policy Privacy Setting of Volotea.
Volotea.com uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies : These are cookies that allow our websites to function properly and make it easier for users to navigate through them . Among others, they have the purpose of controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up a reservation or carrying out the process of buying a flight . These cookies are necessary and therefore cannot be disabled by the user.
- Preference Cookies: These cookies enable our websites to remember information that modifies the behavior or appearance of the site, such as your preferred language or the region in which you are located. This class of anonymous cookies allows Volotea.com to remember the visitor's previous choices and preferences. Based on this information, Volotea.com may display more relevant information to individual visitors. For example, by remembering your region, Volotea may display information that is relevant to you depending on your location , such as including your place of origin in our flight search box.
If the use of these types of cookies is rejected, it is possible that some parts of the web page do not work correctly or be blocked, that the assistance that we can offer you is reduced, or that we cannot remember your preferences or provide you with specific functionality.
Likewise, the loss of information stored in a preference cookie (for example, by deleting them ) may cause your experience when visiting the website to be less functional, but will not prevent its use.
Within these Cookies we can also find a Google service called Tag Manager. Although it is a third-party service, we consider it to be technical cookies, since it mainly serves to manage the cookies that are installed and verify their operation centrally.
- Cookies for the operational management of the website : These are analytical cookies that help us to identify the origin of our users in those cases in which they access from an advertising located on third-party web pages . They allow us to manage our investment in advertising media and know its effectiveness. Likewise, they also allow us to manage our business relationships with third parties, such as flight search engines or similar platforms, and maintain the corresponding billing.
These cookies are not used for any other purpose, so if the user does not accept the installation of analytical cookies , the information captured with these cookies will be treated solely and exclusively for the above purposes, and will not capture any additional information about the navigation of the user.
We consider that these cookies are essential for our business and, ultimately, for the operation of the website.
The three types of cookies above are considered "technical cookies", and do not require the consent of the user , so they will always be active.
- Cookies analytical or performance: Are Volotea cookies to help improve your site , analyzing how users use . This class of cookies collects information about the navigation carried out by Volotea.com; for example, the most visited pages or the number of error messages displayed , the frequency of user visits, time of visits, browsers used or selected languages .
All this information allows us to optimize navigation through our website, ensure that everything works correctly, and detect areas for improvement.
- Advertising or targeted cookies : With Volotea's permission, advertising networks or social networks normally store this type of cookies on Volotea.com for advertising purposes, and they are used to:
- Show relevant and personalized advertisements , appropriate to the interests that the user has shown by browsing our website .
- Limit the number of times each ad is shown.
- Measure the effectiveness of the s campaign s advertising and promotional .
- Remember your visit and share the data collected with third parties, such as advertisers. These cookies are often linked to the website functionality offered by that third party.
Likewise, we can also use remarketing or retargeting cookies , which are those that allow us to impact advertising that we consider relevant to the user on third-party web pages (for example, remembering an offer displayed on our website, or an unfinished reservation) .
Some of these cookies can be managed directly by third parties, known as affiliate networks, who use them for their own purposes and can create their own user profiles according to their browsing on different web pages of their clients. You can obtain more information about these third parties through our cookie configuration tool.Back
4. Guarantees and options about cookies
When accessing our website, the user will have the option to accept all cookies, or to access the configuration tool, which will allow them to obtain information about the cookies installed in each category, as well as to choose which cookies they want. allow us to install or reject them all.
At any time the user may modify their preferences, accessing the configuration panel available in this Cookies Policy .
In addition, after each session you can delete all or some of the stored cookies.
Likewise, the user can activate:
- private browsing, whereby your browser stops saving your browsing history, website passwords, cookies and other information about the pages you visit, o
- the do-not-track function, whereby the browser asks the websites you visit not to track your browsing habits, for example, to serve you advertising of your interest on the sites you visit.
We recommend that you consult the help of your browser to find out about the different options on how to manage cookies. Keep in mind that blocking cookies may affect all or some of the functionalities of our website. For your convenience, below we provide you with the help links or cookie settings of the main browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and earlier
The previous links can be updated by the companies that develop said browsers. Volotea will use all reasonable efforts to keep the above list duly updated. However, if any link does not work or is not updated, you can go to the "Help" menu of your browser.
Also, if you want to have more control over the installation of Cookies, you can install programs or add-ons to your browser, known as "Do Not Track " tools , which will allow you to choose the Cookies you want to allow.Back
5. Oppose the installation of Cookies
When you visit our website for the first time, we will offer you the possibility of configuring which Cookies you want to install. You can oppose the installation of any category of Cookies, except technical ones, which are necessary for the proper functioning of the website.
Likewise, as indicated in the previous section, the User can, at any time, reject the installation of a certain type of cookies, such as analytical or advertising cookies , by configuring the browser itself.
Also, some of our providers have a direct system to oppose the installation of their Cookies. These systems allow you to block the installation of cookies from that provider on any web page. You can obtain more information in this regard by visiting the web pages of these providers, which you can consult in the information screens of the cookie configuration tool.
Keep in mind that, if at any time, you delete cookies from your browser, it is possible that your opt-out preferences of the previous providers will be deleted , so you will have to oppose their installation again.Back
6. Exercise of rights
7. Modifying preferences
As indicated above, you can change your cookie settings by accessing our configuration tool by pressing the following button: cookies configuratorBack